Sunday 24 January 2016

Girl Behind the Glass by Abby Wilder: review.

Girl Behind Glass
This books starts with a whole city surrounded by a glass dome. A city of people living on pills, not food and whose names are inspired by nature. Willow and her friends Bracken and Ash truly believe that they are better off inside the dome but things change when Willows parents Bear and Dune make a decision that will change Willows life forever .

What I really liked about this book was that , unlike in most of the dystopian novels I have read, the world outside the not-so-perfect dystopian society is not full of meaningless violence and horror. Outside the dome you can find good people, in fact really likeable characters, who are willing to help each other and live peacefully. Those people still behave like regular humans , struggling for survival but without killing one another , trying to make the best of a bad situation.

There is a romantic love triangle , which is not rare in this type of novels but here , there is a twist I didn't see coming (I was distracted) that takes that romance to an unexpected level.

By and large one of the most enjoyable dystopian books I have read lately, highly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.