Sunday 30 September 2018

The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas: review.

The Cheerleaders
I found this book sad but interesting. A very gripping YA mystery most readers will enjoy, but I wouldn't recommend it to young teenagers.

Apart from the obvious topic of young deaths, the author shows some very dark ways in which a teenage life can go really wrong and the way these situations are presented made them seem too habitual or normal or ordinary. I think that it could give young readers the idea that there are some things teenagers simply just have to put up with or experiment with or go through without giving them too much importance.

I hope what I wrote didn't sound complicated but I didn't want to give away any details. If you read the book, you'll understand.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.