Friday 7 September 2018

Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan :review and photographs.

Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1)
 A very entertaining book to read if you are visiting Singapore, which I briefly did recently. The title sums it up really well, the characters are Asian, filthy rich and some of them so obsessed with appearances and money that act in a pretty crazy way.

What I liked most about the book were the parts in which they described the exciting city of Singapore.

The family house is located near the famous Botanical Gardens where you can see beautiful orchids.


The characters visit Lau Pa Sat, a popular Hawker centre where you can have delicious satay ( I recommend stalls 7 and 8).


All the expressions included in Singlish ( an English-based creole language spoken in Singapore), Malay and Chinese make it even more interesting.

After finishing it I couldn't help reading China Rich Girlfriend which I also liked and Rich People's Problems which I didn't like so much because it was mainly about the death of an elderly relative. But I truly consider this trilogy a contemporary must read if you are planning to spend time in Singapore and Malaysia and want to read something enjoyable.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.