Saturday 21 January 2017

Everything You Want Me To Be by Mindy Mejía: review.

Everything You Want Me to Be
I already know this is one of the best books I'm going to read this year, even if the year has just begun, because it just cannot get any better. Set in the big sky county of Montana Everything You Want Me To Be has indeed everything a reader wants to find in a book: a gripping plot, fascinating characters and a beautiful setting.

The brutal murder of a young girl shocks the tranquil community of Pine Valley and as the story unfolds we discover that things are never what they seem to be . The author's description of the characters and their intricate personalities is brilliant. Strange as it may seem, the reader understands the reasons that drive these otherwise peaceful villagers to act the way they do, because those forces that inspire them are the universal and powerful feelings of love and hatred.

I was unable to figure out who the killer was until it was revealed and that made me enjoy the novel even more, I like being surprised.

I eagerly recommend this book to anyone who wants a superb whodunit. I also think it would make a wonderful film.

Thanks to Elyse, my Goodreads friend, for writing a wonderful review that piqued my curiosity .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.