Thursday 30 January 2014

Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis

Glimmer I just wanted something new to read, and this book is certainly engaging and original.  The two main characters who suffer from amnesia struggle to find out what is behind the idyllic town where they live .

 In Summer Falls everything seems to go smoothly and when people have the slightest problem they simply pass out (heatnaps the author calls it) and forget about everything.

I found this idea horrible and delightful at the same time. Wouldn't our lives be a bowl of cherries that way? They wouldn't be real  or meaningful at all but they would  be like a Disney film with a happy ending no matter what.

I hadn't read the blurb before starting the book so I didn't have any expectations about what the book was going to be like . There are ghosts ,magic  and romance but the novel also addresses some tough issues. There was a part so hard to read that  I was completely unaware I was holding my breath until it was over.After that I don't know why I expected a very unhappy ending but fortunately I was wrong and love was finally able to negotiate all the  hurdles the leading characters face.

So if you are looking for something different this may be the book for you .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.