Thursday 26 July 2012

Be careful with what you Desire or your Summer Wishes may come true.

A novel and a novella mixing dystopia and fairy tales .




 Desire and Summer Wishes by Kailin Gow

A combination of Dystopian society and fantasy. Kama will be given her Life Plan when she turns 18, however, things don’t  turn out as expected: she  may not be marrying the boy she loves, she may not love him so much and she may not be who she thought she was, but somebody else.

Lots of romance and love  in Desire and unexpected violence in Summer Wishes , a novella  in which Jocelyn and Matthew,  Kama’s friends  who are about to face the same Life Plan situation learn  the truth about  the beautiful city of Arcadia,  where they all live.

I found Desire entertaining except for two things : 

-The name of one of the characters which I found hilarious instead of attractive.

 -A little incident with a bottle that was too much for me, I just didn’t see it coming, now that I think about it I guess it’s the way things are.

If you like this original combination of fantasy and dystopia  you will like Desire and if you don’t mind some violence you may like Summer Wishes.

By i.enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.