Monday 12 January 2015

They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire : Review

They All Fall Down
Would you feel proud of yourself if you went from average girl to number five on the list of the hottest girls at school? Kenzie Summerhall is surprised to say the least, but that doesn't prevent her from taking advantage of the perks of being considered a hottie: new friends, nice guys, cool parties.

What makes this book entertaining is that things are not as simple as they seem to be and as some girls from the list die because of freak accidents Kenzie wonders whether it is worth it at all.There is the cliched love triangle that abounds in YA books: a nice jock and a bad guy with a criminal record, both of them incredibly gorgeous and head over heels in love with a regular girl.However, the book also addresses more relevant topics such as the power of friendship and guilt.

The ending is a bit far-fetched ,but all in all I enjoyed the novel. It made me think of my Latin teacher who was for sure really good, because I passed even if I was hopeless at it.I wish I could recall more from his lesson but I only remember a few random sentences:si vis pacem para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war),veni,vidi,vinci ( I came, I saw ,I conquered) and of course the most popular one carpe diem (seize the day) which we all use ad nauseam (to an excessive degree).

If you want mystery, romance, action and some Latin,read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.