Friday 9 January 2015

Nata Lisboa: Egg Tarts



I  guess China and specially Hong Kong is a strange place to eat for the first time these Portuguese  Custard Tarts or Pasteis de Nata, but that is where I had them, so when I finally had the chance of enjoying the actual Portuguese ones from the European franchise Nata Lisboa I was eager to see if they were better than my favourite ones from HK.The motto of this company is The World Needs Nata and I completely agree with it.

Nata Lisboa has shops is many countries .Its exclusive recipe was developed by pastry professionals and was the winner of a blind test performed in the School of Hotel Services and Tourism of Lisbon.


The cafĂ© was nice and the service good . They kept the tarts warm and they were  fresh. The dough was  crusty and in fact as good as it could  be, however , I found the custard too sweet and liquid in comparison to the ones from Lord Stow. Don’t get me wrong, they were  good and probably  someone with a sweet tooth would find them amazing, the place was packed and everybody seemed to be enjoying them, so it is just me and my slight dislike for sugary treats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.