Tuesday 19 February 2013

Genesis by Bernard Beckett: review and book trailer

GenesisWhat makes us human?

What's the difference between a super intelligent robot and a human being?
Can robots and humans co-exist?

Bernard Beckett raises all these questions in Genesis a short and compelling dystopian novel.It is an unusual book since most of the action is narrated by Anaximander who is taking an exam to become a member of The Academy ,the most relevant institution of her time.

I must say that  I am not easily surprised and I have read many dystopian novels , from classic ones such as 1884 , Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451, The Handmaid's Tale .... to the newest The Hunger Games, The Other Side of The Island , Delirium, Eve, Divergent....But  this novel really took be aback , I didn't see it coming and had to read the same line twice because I couldn't believe that such a surprising (to say the least) ending hadn't crossed my mind.

If you are a fan of dystopian novels, this is a must. There is no romance but there is plenty food for thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.