Saturday 25 October 2014

Contributor by Nicole Ciacchella: Review

Contributor (Contributor, #1)
Is this YA dystopia? Well, it certainly meets all the requirements to be a dystopian novel :

* A society which has undergone a terrible crisis.

* Complete corporate control.

* No freedom whatsoever.

* Constant surveillance by superiors and peers.

* Your life is valuable as long as you can contribute with endless hours of work. When you are unable to do so, you are no longer needed.


* Fear of the outside world.

However , Nicole Ciacchella has done a fine job describing a futuristic society which resembles today's business world, and it's really frightening.I had a really hard time reading this book , I enjoyed it and disliked it at the same time. I usually read to have a good time but it made me think of a toxic workplace .

Dara, the main character, reminds me of a young girl on her first day at work, unaware of backstabbing colleagues and office politics. Her supervisor behaves just like a control freak narcissistic psychopath who enjoys making people suffer.
The good thing is that there is a group of people who is against this unfair situation and wants to change things. If only a similar group existed nowadays (and I don't mean a biased trade union) and peacefully made our everyday life easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.