Friday 24 December 2021

Newcomer by Keigo Igashino

Newcomer (Detective Kaga, #2)


In this novel, Keigo Igashino depicts life in a traditional Tokyo neighborhood where a woman is found strangled. All the characters are apparently normal but one of them is bound to be a murderer and detective Kaga is going to find out who with his remarkable investigative skills. Kaga's attention to detail and inquisitive mind make him an outstanding detective. He's a newcomer to this part of Tokyo but soon becomes acquainted with it.

What I liked most about the book is that in each chapter we learn about the residents of Ningyocho. A little bit about their problems and desires and the part they unwittingly played in the murder. At the beginning of the book, there's a list of characters that really comes in handy.

I love novels that take place in the beautiful city of Tokyo and I must admit I devoured many rice crackers and drank lots of green tea while reading this one. It won't disappoint you if you prefer character-driven stories to action-packed ones and if you like Igashino's unique writing style. I strongly recommend it to fans of Japanese literature and mystery readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.