Sunday 19 September 2021

That Weekend by Kara Thomas: review.

That Weekend
Three and a half stars for this novel with some twists I certainly didn't see coming. I don't know why I thought it was going to be some kind of teenage story about love with a little bit of drama, I must have misread the blurb.

It turned out to be a lot of drama and not so much love. It turned out to be about what we are ready to do in order to survive both mentally and physically. What the characters go through is very well described so in a way the readers relate to what is happening and (almost) understand why they do what they do.

Even though it is considered a YA mystery I wouldn't recommend it to very young readers because some of the events could be really disturbing. However, I strongly recommend it to more mature readers who will enjoy the twists.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.