Wednesday 1 January 2020

Recipe for a Perfect Wive by Karma Brown

Recipe for a Perfect Wife
I think that this book is mainly about the way the situation of married women has changed over time, for the better in most cases.

I found the novel captivating but what I loved most were the quotes at the beginning of the chapters. Particularly this one:

"The average man marries a woman who is slightly less intelligent than he is. That's why many brilliant women never marry. They do not come in contact with sufficiently brilliant men, or fail to disguise their brilliance in order to win a man of somewhat less intelligence".
(Dr. Clifford R. Adams, Modern Bride,1952)

This quote is both hilarious and sad.

I recommend this book to married and single women who sometimes have the feeling that men and women are different species.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.