Saturday 30 November 2019

The Mother-in-law by Sally Hepworth :opinion.

The Mother-in-Law
It's a really undownputable book about quite a dysfunctional family. I didn't like some of the characters and I disagreed with some of their opinions and the way they handled problems in the family, however, I continued reading until the end.

I expected this novel to be a suburban murder mystery although it turned out to be more about family dynamics than about murder. The murder is just something that happened among many other life-changing events. Perhaps not the most interesting part of the plot for some readers.

This novel will make you think about the role both children and parents should play and whether parents are supposed to give their children everything they want.

The way it ended was a shock for me, I certainly hadn't seen it coming and I truly wish that in real life such a terrible outcome could have been prevented.

I recommend this book to members of large families who will probably relate to one or more characters and to anyone who is about to meet their significant other's family for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.