Saturday 1 April 2017

A Good Idea by Cristina Moracho: review

A Good Idea
I disliked the characters in this book, they are all lost, messed-up and addiction-prone teenagers, but they seemed real. I didn't like the stifling atmosphere of the village they live in and yet, it may as well be any small village . This is not the kind of book that you can read before going to bed and then sleep like a log but I just couldn't put it down at the beginning.

Fin returns to Williston, her hometown, to seek revenge for the murder of her best friend Betty whose ex-boyfriend is the main suspect. She is obsessed with it and her obsession made me keep on reading . I needed to find out not only what had really happened to Betty or who her murdered was but I mainly needed to know if it was possible for Fin to survive after having lost her friend, if it was possible for her to somehow move on and start, really start living .

However, when the truth was revealed I could not believe it, no matter how much I tried, it just didn't make any sense to me.

Here is a question which contains a huge SPOILER:

If a close friend of yours asked you to kill him or her, what would you do?

a) Kill your friend with your own hands.

b) Try to help your friend yourself.

c) Get help for your friend.

What  started as a compelling novel didn't seem to me such a good idea after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.