Thursday 21 July 2016

You will know me by Megan Abbott: review

You Will Know Me

A gripping novel about the world of gymnastics and what it means to have to be number one. A real page-turner which will make you question why some parents willingly put their children through endless training sessions and deprive them of a regular childhood. Perhaps its because they are extraordinary just like Devon Knox , or perhaps it's because those parents are ready to do anything (and I mean anything) to see their child succeed .

The author describes in detail the atmosphere surrounding the world of gymnastics and includes some excerpts from Nadia Comaneci's Letters to a Young Gymnast , this woman was the first to be awarded a a perfect score of 10 in an Olympic event. The book is as realistic as it can be, Megan Abbott has indeed done a thorough research.

I truly recommend this book to fans of the TV show Make it or Break it, to people involved in gymnastics and avid readers who like thrillers.Without a doubt this is Megan Abbott's best novel.

*I read this novel while I was working out on a stepper . It made me feel more in sync with the characters and the situation . I ended up exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.