Saturday 23 April 2016

Dongdaemun Design Plaza in Seoul by Zaha Hadid

The architect Zaha Hadid and the Korean studio Samoo designed this beautiful landmark in the amazing city of Seoul. It opened in 2014 and since then it has been the place to gather at night both for Koreans and tourists.

It is based on the concept of a Metonymic Landscape and it combines successfully Korean tradition and a state-of-the art design. It is a beautiful venue for concerts and all sorts of exhibitions .

I visited it by day  and night and I tirelessly walked around it several times, took hundreds of pictures and it quickly became my favourite place in the city.

Zaha Hadid created something unique, you cannot miss it if you go to Seoul!


There happened to be a concert one of the nights I visited the plaza. It was wonderful!












During my stay in Seoul I was incredibly lucky to enjoy The Rose Garden: more than 25 thousand roses to celebrate Korean Independence Day.It was one of the most fascinating things I have ever seen, a delight for the eyes.












 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.