Wednesday 21 October 2015

Turkish Delights and Simit

On a flight with Turkish Airlines I had the chance to taste Turkish Delights (lokum) for the first time. It was without a shadow of a doubt the best thing I have ever eaten on a plane.The flight attendant kindly wrote the name for me on a piece of paper when I commented on the extraordinary flavour of the sweet. Luckily I had a layover at Istambul Airport and bought some to take home.

Ataturk airport is incredibly big and in the centre of the international arrivals and departures floor there is an amazing bazaar type market where you can find many Turkish products. It is worth looking around if you haven't visited the country .
In one of the coffee shops at the airport I also tasted Simit, which is a Turkish kind of pretzel covered in sesame seeds. If you love pretzels, you will also love Simit!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.