Friday 6 February 2015

The Body Electric by Beth Revis : Review

The Body Electric

 For a person who really finds insects horrifying the fact that at the beginning of each chapter a huge bee is drawn in detail can be a serious reason not to read a novel .However, the bookworm in me won and although I missed some of the first lines of each chapter I read the novel.

This is a dystopian book in which the feelings of  Ella , the main character , are vividly described . The reader can feel her grief over her lost father and her fear for her mother's life. It is deeply moving and there were times when I thought it was too overwhelming.

I loved the first part of the book , the descriptions of the city and they way the story unfolded to reveal a shocking truth that left me literally out of breath. In the second part , the characters fight to survive and  to save each other in spite of  their unusual circumstances.

I recommend this book to fans of A.I. and to readers who wonder about the things that make us human and inhuman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.